We are regularly adding content to the website to support home learning and have shared some useful advice and guidance to help you create a positive learning environment.
To log in to Numbots, use the same login details and password as for TT Rockstars.
Every day from Monday to Friday at 9am Joe Wicks (aka The Body Coach) will be live streaming a fun-packed workout for pupils all over the country – and the world – to join in with. And if you miss the live broadcast they will all be added to a playlist here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLIfoPd4VxBvQafyve889qVcPxYEjdSTl
Oxford Owl have added to their free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old, available here, for the duration of UK school closures, so that your child has more to read.
The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group for each week, and have now added plans for the Summer term with some of their resources available for free. Click here to find out more.
To support parents and carers with home learning, the subject experts at STEM Learning (based at the STEM Centre, on the University Campus) have put together a selection of activities and materials, all of which are completely free for everyone to access.
Barefoot Computing have developed a range of resources with fun and creative activities to help you guide your child through fundamental parts of the computing curriculum – without the need for screen time!
David Walliams will be reading a story every day at 11am and releasing it as a free audibook. Check out the David Walliams Elevenses page to listen to the latest!
A number of educational websites are currently offering free access to their online resources to help families to support their children’s learning at home. If we find other resources th1at we think you might enjoy we will add them to this list, so do check back!
- The Maths Factor https://www.themathsfactor.com/
- Carol Vorderman’s online maths tutoring site for primary school-aged children is free for everyone for the duration of the UK Schools closure period
- Classroom Secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Twinkl are offering 30 days free access to families – click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password and use the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- NumberFun https://parent.numberfunportal.com/
- This company says “To support children’s mathematical learning through this period of self-isolation and school closures we’ve decided to offer ALL parents completely FREE access to our Number Fun Parent Portal for 30 days”