Teaching Assistant Level 2
Application closing date
Grade 4, level 1 – 4 (£18,865 to £20,013 per annum) reduced pro rata
30 hours per week, term time only
Elvington Church of England Primary School is a highly effective school at the heart of its community, with a clear vision for the future.
The Governors, staff and pupils are looking to appoint a committed professional to join our happy, hardworking team from Monday 6th September, or as soon as possible thereafter. The successful candidate will be employed to work, 30 hours per week, term time only.
Our Christian perspective shapes our ethos through the life of the school and the curriculum, whilst at the same time encouraging excellence and sensitivity to different viewpoints.
We are looking for a general teaching assistant to work in our Year 1/2 class. Potential applicants will need to be effective communicators who possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills. The applicant will need to have experience of working with children, as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one support, group work and whole class support. Knowledge of the Key Stage 1 Curriculum would be desirable. As well as desire to complete ELSA training as part of their professional development.
Applicants are invited to state their curriculum strengths and experience in their application.
The successful candidate will:
- Play a key role in supporting the school aims
- Be committed to continued professional development
- Be relentless about supporting a consistently high standard of learning and teaching
- Have the ability to support the Christian ethos of the school
We can offer:
- A learning environment that is stimulating and supportive
- An ethos of care and support
- A range of opportunities to support your professional development
- Exemplary behaviour. Children at Elvington are focused, happy learners who behave sensibly and responsibly
- A hardworking, friendly, supportive and caring team
Fixed Term Contract until July 2022 – subject to review
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
Elvington Church of England Primary School is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview.
For application details or to arrange a visit to the school please contact:
Angela Greening, School Administrator on 01904 555280 or email@example.com
An application form and further details are available to download below.
Please submit completed forms by post to:
Elvington CE Primary School
York YO41 4HP
or electronically to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Description – School Teaching Assistant Level 2
- Application Form (.pdf format)
- Application Form (MS Word .docx format)
Thursday 14th July 2021 at 12 midnight
Wednesday 21st July 2021