We are really pleased to be supporting Elvington Air Museum’s Christmas Toy appeal. On Friday 29th November a small number of children will be attending the light switch, to mark the start of the appeal. A big thank you to…
School Council, in conjunction with City of York Council, want to encourage children and residents of Elvington to be litter aware. Therefore, they have helped launch a competition to remind the community of this environmental issue.
- Children are to design an A4 poster to encourage people not to drop litter and keep our village/environment clean and tidy
- Child’s name and year group to be written on the back of each poster
- Use felt tips – not crayon as it does not show up!
- Writing must be clear and spelt correctly
- It must be their own work – no clip art/google
The launch will be on Monday 18th Feb with an assembly at 2:45 run by York City Council.
Judging will take place on Monday 11th March.
Winners will be announced in assembly on Monday 18th March.
There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize-winner for each year group. The Parish Council and the Ward Committee of York City Council have kindly donated prizes. 1st prize winners will in addition, have their work made into a poster to display around the village!
Friday 15th March is Red Nose Day. The School Council will be selling Red Noses at £1.25 all week!
The school council has been very busy in the Autumn term. They have weekly meetings and are very proactive!!!! Litter project Spring 2019 – they intend to run a competition with funding from the Ward council. The prizes will be metal…
£132.70 was raised for this worthwhile cause by those that donated £1 to take part in the Children in Need PJ day. Thank you for your support.School Council
It’s the time of year to think of children in need; therefore, on Friday 16th November we will be holding a PJ event. You can spend the whole day wearing your favourite pair of PJ’s or Onesie but please remember your caring contribution of £1.Sophie & Tilly, on behalf of the School Council
1) From 15th October, round pound coins will be going out of circulation. Please ask your children if they could bring old pound coins into school. We will be collecting the old pound coins and donating these to the charity. Please bring the coins in as soon as you can and School Council reps from each class will collect them.
2) When your child comes to school, they can wear full non-uniform and bring in £1. (Friday 17th November)
3) We will also be selling Pudsey and blush glitter jewel pin badges for £1.00. School Council will let you know when these are in stock and available to buy at morning playtime.Holly and Eryn, School Council
The School Council have been talking to their classes about the money raised from the mini-marathon. Each class nominated charities and then a further discussion and vote was taken. This year, the money raised will be going to support the RSPCA. So far we have received £401. If you are yet to submit donations, please do so via Parent Pay by the end of next week. Thank you for your support.The School Council
Finally, we will be selling red noses. We will let you know when these are available to buy. We look forward to seeing everyone participate. Elizabeth F and Grace D, School Council.