The Sports Premium Grant, provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, has been allocated to primary schools and is ring-fenced so schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but have been given the freedom to choose how they allocate the funding.
Sports Premium Grant 2018 to 2019
The staff at Elvington CE Primary have decided to spend the allocation of funding as follows:
- To increase teacher confidence in delivering high quality PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning across school.
- Support, enthuse and engage all children in physical activities
- Pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Increase pupil participation in sport and physical activity
- After school sports club provision
- Increase opportunities for inter-school competition
- Improve resources to support the delivery of physical education
We ensure that improvements made are sustained and sustainable by; taking and teaching children to take good care of purchased resources; continuously building on our long term productive working relationships with sporting organisations such as Jorvik SP and York City Knights and by sharing among staff new skills, knowledge and resources from CPD through staff meetings and training. The impact of the grant on our pupils is reviewed annually.
Sports Premium is funded in financial years, whereas school planning is based on academic years; it is anticipated that a broadly similar grant will be allocated in the next few years therefore we anticipate funding of £17400.
Schools are now asked to report how many pupils within their year 6 cohort can do each of the following:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
2018-2019 Year 6 Cohort Swimming Competencies
|Has attended swimming lessons out of school||28/30||93%|
|Can confidently swim 25ms proficiently.||30/30||100%|
|Can use a range of strokes effectively (breaststroke /back stroke/front crawl)||17/30||56%|
|Has undertaken safe self-rescue activities as part of their swimming lessons.||28/30||93%|
This working document is updated throughout the year. This version was uploaded in June 2019 and is expected to be the final review of PE Premium spending for the academic year.