It has the benefits of:
- Training and mentoring class teachers
- Organising tournaments and competitions that we can attend
- Coaching for children at lunch time, after school and during PE lessons
- Network opportunities for our sports lead teacher
As part of the JSSP we have:
- Mentored teachers in gymnastics
- Set up and run our sports leaders training, then supported in the delivery of lunchtime activities
- Run an after school clubs such as a dance club for KS2
- Attended cross country competitions
- Competed at a Year 5 and 6 tag rugby tournament
- Competed at a Year 3 and 4 football tournament.
Helped by our work with the partnership we were awarded the Sainsbury’s School Games Bronze award, then went on to in gain the silver award.