It has the benefits of:
- Training and mentoring class teachers
- Organising tournaments and competitions that we can attend
- Coaching for children at lunch time, after school and during PE lessons
- Network opportunities for our sports lead teacher
So far this year we have:
- Mentored two teachers in gymnastics for half a term
- Set up and run our sports leaders training, then supported in the delivery of lunchtime activities
- Run an after school dance club for key stage two
- Attended a cross country competition (Years 1 to 6)
- Competed at a Year 5 and 6 tag rugby tournament
- Competed at a Year 3 and 4 football tournament.
Through our work with the partnership we have gained the Sainsbury’s School Games Bronze award, and next we plan to work towards the silver award.